I’ve spent a lot of time over the last few weeks feeling like Penny and Jack(Our fearless 4 legged protectors). I’ve been spending a lot of time chasing my tail and feeling like I haven’t gotten anywhere. I haven’t taken my own advice, I haven’t been able to just focus on one thing and see it through. I have been allowing myself to move from task to task with very little completion. So here’s what’s going to happen:
- Going to spend at least 30 minutes every day do some physical activity. Whether that be running, working out, or playing ball with the kids, I’m going to get up from this desk and move.
- Going to spend at least 30 minutes every day doing non normal chores, there’s stuff that needs to be done every day, but there’s also that list of things I never get to. Time to tackle them bit by bit.
- Going to spend 30 minutes every day writing. Whether that be writing everybody sees, or just writing for me, it’s going to happen. Hopefully this equates to more posts here, and organizing other thoughts in my head.
- When it comes to work, I’m going to ignore the long list of emails except for 2 times a day, focus on a list of stuff that needs to be done, and get things off my plate as quickly as possible. Focus on touching things one time. Do it right the first time, there’s no need to revisit. The extra few minutes that may take up front will be worth it in the end.
- As things come in, if I can deal with it immediately, I do that, otherwise it goes on the list.
- Time to drastically reduce the amount of time spent in front of the TV.
This may be another list that most view as common sense. I’m looking at this again as somewhat of a pep talk to myself. I can get in front of all these things and make my life a lot less hectic. Focusing on what needs to be done, and doing things to make my future self not have to deal with them will pay off. I’ll keep everybody up to date as to how things go.